Thursday 3 July 2014

House 001 - Scene Lighting Pipeline

Lighting


My favorite bit really, adds shape and mood to the image. I started of with the Basic 3 Point light setup (Key, Fill, Rim) and started lighting my model with a default shader slapped on (Vray Mtl). My light setup is displayed below. I always believe in the saying "Good lighting is felt not seen."

Jeremy Birn's book on Lighting and rendering is a great Bible on Lighting and Rendering and every time you read it you will always find something new.


Another website I found really comprehensive was this tutorial on different lighting moods by Floze. 



HDRI's were downloaded from this library : http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/archive.html


Seen below is my lighting setup used to light the scene. Nothing too fancy just a few lights and bam!! you got yourself a decent looking scene well lit and render light.




Light Attribute Settings in Vray

Global Illumination Settings in Vray


I used the Barcelona Rooftop HDRI, it was the closest image I could find that fit my scene. I should have actually gone and shot my own HDRI image and will do so for my Major project, but for my requirement the Barcelona image worked just fine.


Author : Blochi
http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/archive.html

Chrome Ball with HDRI
Key Lighting

Fill Lighting

Rim Lighting

All Lights with No HDRI

All Lights with HDRI

All Lights with HDRI & Background



Textured Lighting Process

Key Lighting

Fill Lighting

Rim Lighting

All Lights with No HDRI

HDRI Lighting
All Lights with HDRI

All Lights with HDRI (With BG)

Lighting Process along with Render times ( Resolution : 1920 X 1080 )

References


Birn, J. (n.d.). Jeremy Birn. Jeremy Birn. Retrieved June 15, 2014, from http://3drender.com/jbirn/

Birn, J. (2000). [Digital] lighting & rendering. Indianapolis, Ind.: New Riders.


No comments:

Post a Comment